Looks like Fortnite is doing a crossover with DC and some of the Batman universe. We’re getting a chance to run around Gotham City, light up some Bat Signals, fire off Batman’s Grapnel Gun, and foil the Joker by defusing some of his gas canisters!
This is a special event, which is along the lines of the recent Welcome to Pandora event that crossed over with the Borderlands franchise. The event will be sticking around for 10 days and kicked off on September 21st, 2019. You’ll have until October 1st, 2019 to complete the challenges and earn the rewards.
‘Welcome to Gotham City’ Mission list:
- Deal damage to opponents with an Explosive Batarang (250)
- Light up different Bat Signals outside of Gotham City (3)
- Use a Batman Grapnel Gun in different matches (3)
- Defuse Joker gas canisters found in different named locations (3)
- Deal any damage to opponents within 30s of using a Batman Grapnel Gun (1)
- Light a Bat Signal, use a Batman Grapnel Gun, and deal any damage with an Explosive Batarang (1)
For bonus clarity, you can use this cheat sheet map from u/flapjack626 will come in handy — every challenge location and requirement is shown here, so you know exactly where you need to go.
Completing the challenges will unlock a variety of rewards, including battle stars, season XP, and a brand new loading screen, which you can see above. Thankfully, none of them are too hard, and you shouldn’t be stuck on them for too long.