Health is the most important factor for your character in Fortnite. There are plenty of different items you can consume to keep and increase your health. Today we picked for you a few simple tips that we’ve found as helpful.
As you can see in the pictures below, the green bar represents your health, while the blue bar represents your shield. These two bars indicate how much damage you can take before being eliminated (if you play Solos) or knocked out (when playing with other teammates).
Items that restore health
Pay attention to healing items. These items when used will restore a portion of your character’s health. Also included are the amount of time needed to apply each item, the amount of health they restore, and their restrictions.
- Bandages — Restore 15 health, takes 4 seconds to use, stacking up to 15, can restore up to 75 Health.
- Medkit — Restores 100 health, takes 10 seconds to use, stacking up to 3.
Items that restore shield
Shield restoration items work similarly to health items. The main big difference is that they restore your shield (the blue bar) rather than your Health (the green bar).
Just like health items, there is an amount of time needed to apply each item, the amount of shield they restore and their restrictions.
- Small Shield Potion-Restores 25 shield, takes 2 seconds to use, stacking up to 6, can restore up to 50 Shield.
- Shield Potion-Restores 50 shield, takes 5 seconds to use, stacking up to 3.
Items that restore “effective” health
Items that restore “effective” health restore health on use. If the player’s health is full (100), the item will grant shield instead.
- Slurp Juice — Restores 75 “effective” Health over 37.5 seconds, takes 2 seconds to use, stacking up to 2.
- Chug Splash — Restores 20 “effective” Health, instant use, stacking up to 6.
- Chug Jug — Restores 200 “effective” health (full Health+Shield), takes 15 seconds to use, can’t stack more than 1.
Eating nature’s bounty
Often in the game, you’ll come across consumable items that are scattered throughout an area. Some areas will have a bunch of Apples which restore a small portion of your health, while the coconuts restore ‘effective’ health (restores shield whenever you’re at 100 health). Find them throughout the map and never worry about health again.